[Click] Questions about the DSDV

wangshuqiao wangshuqiao at 263.sina.com
Mon May 24 11:19:34 EDT 2004

Hi, Douglas:
    First thank you for your help. With your istructions, I found the options for DSDV-config. But I failed to see the route table using element handlers.  The message is as follow:
    [root at xiaoqiao root]# ifconfig wlan0 up
    [root at xiaoqiao root]# /usr/src/click-1.4/userlevel/click /tmp/dsdv.click
    DSDVRouteTable nb: new 1-hop nbr 192.168.0.4 -- 00:60:b3:6d:96:ac
    DSDVRouteTable nb: new 1-hop nbr 192.168.0.5 -- 00:60:b3:6d:96:ad
    [root at xiaoqiao root]# printf 'read nb.rtes\nquit\n' | nc localhost 7777
    bash: nc: command not found
    [root at xiaoqiao root]# printf 'read nb.rtes\nquit\n' | nc xiaoqiao 7777
    bash: nc: command not found
    [root at xiaoqiao root]# telnet xiaoqiao 7777
    Trying 127.0.0.1...
    telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
    [root at xiaoqiao root]#

    Hope for your further instructions. And are there some commands such as "ping A from B " in the Click-DSDV?
    Thanks very much!

> there are several metrics that you can configure DSDV with.  run
> ./make-dsdv-config.pl --help and see the notes about the --metric
> option.
>
> Each metric is implemented by a separate element, e.g. HopcountMetric,
> or ETXMetric, etc.

> You can see the route table using element handlers.  The DSDV route
> table is the userlevel handler `nb.rtes', which can be read using the
> click ControlSocket element.
>
> You can read it with this command line:
>
> printf 'read nb.rtes
quit