[Click] Spinlock question

Michael Walfish mwalfish at lcs.mit.edu
Wed May 19 12:57:58 EDT 2004

Eddie wrote:
| It might make sense for Click to guarantee mutual exclusion between
| threads and write handlers.  Would this help you in any way?

I think so. If I've understood you, then this mutual exclusion would
prevent me from having to worry about whether a packet processing event
that's reading a data structure is in fact getting a coherent version of
the data structure (since a write handler might be mucking with the data
structure at the same time the packet processing code needs to read the
data structure).

Thanks!

-Mike