[Click] A Starter of Click Modular Router

prasanth at iitg.ernet.in prasanth at iitg.ernet.in
Fri May 14 22:49:04 EDT 2004

Hi Eddie,

I am a beginner with the Click Modular Router , newly
installed in my PC.

I am assigned a project for a period of two and half
months to work on click modular router, to implement
your router and test it and if possible, improvise it.

I have a decent knowledge in C++.I have gone through
the click declarative language and found it quite easy.
I have a very limited knowledge in the field of
networking (tcp/ip,ethernet).I have gone through our
paper on Click Modular Router ( did not understand
everything about it).I am reading quite a lot right
now on several random topics related to the area.

I wish to know from you the following things:
1.The Basic Requisite before starting.( I am also
not familiar with the linux o.s.)
2.The direction in which I should move along to achieve
significant results and satisfaction in the limited period
that I have.

I would be very thankful to you, if you provide me with
this information along with your valuable suggestions,
because I realize that I am not providing you with any
valuable feedback or suggestions regarding Click.

With Best Regards,
Prasanth.