[Click] Still unable to find the handler on NIC packet losses

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Mar 30 06:47:16 EST 2004

Alessandro Coli wrote:
> Didn't I already enable it, changing the file that way? If yes, in which
> element should i look for that handler? If not, how can i enable it?

You did compile and install the new Click, right?  Did you make sure to
uninstall the old module?  (I often run into a problem where I make a change
to click, but forget to uninstall the old click kernel module, and the new
behavior doesn't show up.)

Note also that the 'missed frames' counter, which is a Tulip-specific
counter, is not enabled by Poll/ToDevice.  A separate elemnet, TulipStats,
reports that counter.  To enable TulipStats change the ELEMENT_REQUIRES()
line at the end of tulipstats.cc by removing 'false'.  TulipStats only works
with Tulip-based network cards.