[Click] Network Cards

Andy Van Maele andy.vanmaele at intec.ugent.be
Mon Mar 29 16:21:53 EST 2004

Hallo Michael,

two kind of network-card drivers can be used in polling mode when you
use Click, because these drivers are patched by the click-patch you run
before installing Click:
- tulip.o
- eepro100.o
you can have a look in the patch file to verify this.

Next to these drivers, in the subdirectory "drivers" there is also an
adapted driver of the e1000.o driver (version 4.3.15) that you can use
to run Click in polling mode.
If you find a networking card that uses these drivers, you can use them
as PollDevice.

or you could figure out to adapt a driver to add the polling extensions
that are used by Click ;-)

The networking cards I'm using are Intel Pro 1000 cards, which work with
the e1000.o driver.

Andy

Michael Voorhaen wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>We are planning a new testbed, primarily to be used with click, and now we
>are wondering which network cards to use.
>
>Could you tell us which cards to use, specially if we want to use the
>[PollDevice] for these cards?
>
>Michael, Peter

>Michael Voorhaen
>Phd Student
>Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Sciences
>PATS (Performance Analysis of Telecommunication Systems)
>University of Antwerp
>Middelheimlaan 1
>2020 Antwerpen, Belgium
>G1.11
>Phone: 03/2653905
>Mail: michael.voorhaen at ua.ac.be

  Andy Van Maele
  Department of Information Technology (INTEC),
  Ghent University - IMEC,
  Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
  tel.: +32-9264 9958
  fax.: +32-9264 9960
  e-mail : andy.vanmaele at intec.UGent.be