[Click] ns2click + performance measures

Michael Voorhaen michael.voorhaen at ua.ac.be
Mon Mar 29 10:52:43 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to perform some simulations using ns2click and wanted to
gather some performance measures. I've tried looking at the ns-trace
file, but all I get are MAC layer statements. I also keep some ethereal
dumps for each node, from which I can get some info e.g. Packet delivery
ratio is easy enough to compute, since I just need to compare the right
files. However end-to-end delay is getting a little bit more difficult
since some nodes are apparently receiving packets before they are
actually sent. Is this due to how ns-2 works?

I know that ns2click probably isn't the best simulation tool, but the
code that I am writing now is going to be deployed on an actual testbed
later, and I would just like to get some results as soon as possible.

Can anyone maybe give me some pointer on how I should proceed?

Kind Regards,
Michael