[Click] Click-1.4pre1 released

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Mar 19 02:22:06 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Click 1.4pre1.  As usual, you can
download it from http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/

The last release of Click was version 1.3pre1, over a year ago.  Enough
has changed that we skipped 1.3 and went straight to 1.4pre1.  See
http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/news.html for a change log.

This release also inaugurates a new tarball,
"click-packages-1.4pre1.tar.gz".  This tarball contains unsupported
Click packages from various contributors.  Currently there are two: Juan
Luis Baptiste's ip6_natpt package, and our models package (for trace
analysis).  Do you have any elements you'd like to enter into
click-packages??  We'd love to distribute them.  Just send mail.

The release schedule has us releasing Click 1.4 in 2 weeks, on 3/31 (or
that week).  **WE NEED HELP TESTING** if this is to be met.  In
particular, the scheduling change
(https://amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu/pipermail/click/2004-February/002495.html)
seems to have destabilized Click.  Doug De Couto and John Bicket have
experienced crashes; I'm not sure they're even running the new code.  Do
you run Click?  **PLEASE HELP** by testing Linux kernel configurations,
especially hotswaps and other configuration changes.  Use
"--enable-kassert" so that you get reports of assertion failures.  Let
us know how it goes (whether or not there are failures).  It's possible
that FromHost is the offending element.

Thanks,