[Click] generating artificial delay

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at UGent.be
Tue Mar 16 09:10:20 EST 2004

Hi,

never tried this, but I guess it should work with some small
modifications to your configuration:
FromDevice(eth0) -> Queue -> DelayUnqueue(0.100) -> ToHost(eth0)

(delay is in seconds, and the queue must be added so the packets can
wait somewhere. DelayUnqueue instead of Delayshaper because ToHost is a
push element)

let us know how it works.

What we tried was an impairment node (so an extra PC with two network
cards in the middle) based on click, say
FromDevice(eth0) -> Queue -> DelayShaper(0.100) -> ToDevice(eth1);
and this works perfectly.

but never tried to delay packets and then hand them to the kernel itself.

regards,
Brecht