[Click] udp packet disapear,

Wen-Chun Cheng wccheng2000 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 11 13:28:06 EST 2004

Hi,

I am a new click user.

I am trying to send UDP packets to a user mode program.
Here is my configuration.

RatedSource() at 1 packet/sec -> UDPIPEncap() to address at eth0 -> EtherEncap() fake mac address -> ToHost(eth0)

My user mode program can receive the UDP packets but some packets are just missing.
For example,  for sever seconds, I see every packet and then suddenly, I don't see any packets for
several seconds. Sometimes, I may see a packet every other second.

Then, I used tcpdump to monitor the UDP packets and I see every packet from tcpdump.

Then, I write a component C. What it does is kill the incoming packet and generate a new UDP packet similar to RateSource() + UDPIPEncap.

My configuration changed to

FromDevice() -> Classifier() filter out the udp packets we are interested in -> C -> EtherEncap() -> ToHost()

I used another machine to send out 1 UDP packet to click per second. This way, I can seed the UDP  packets received by my user mode program without any loss.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.

--Jackie