[Click] Not routing via Click

Bow-Nan Cheng bcheng at nanwob.net
Wed Mar 3 11:52:40 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm currently running Click in USERLEVEL with the GRID extensions. I setup
the DSDVroute table as it says on the webpage:

http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/grid/software.html

and the nodes seem to be finding each other. The actual routing table
itself is setting up quite nicely with no problems.

However, it doesn't seem like Click is really doing any of the forwarding.

For example, we have 4 nodes: A, B, C, D

General Setup:
Node A can ping B and C, but NOT D
Nodes B and C both can ping D AND A

After setting DSDV up utilizing the perl script /conf/make-dsdv-config.pl:

The route table for A says it can reach B and C in 1 hop and D in 2 hops.
Looks good so far.

However, when I try pinging D from A, it still says the host is
"unreachable".

My guess is that somehow, Click is not communicating with the OS. I looked
at the implementation website http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/grid/impl.html
and it seems to say that running Grid in Click Userlevel, there will be a
device tun0 (or tap) in /dev (/dev/tun0). I do not see this in my /dev
folder.

However, when i do "ifconfig" and "iwconfig", tun0 shows up as an
interface.

Am I missing something? How come its not routing via click? I'm running
Redhat 9 with kernel 2.4.20-30.9 . Lemme know. Thanks!

-Bow-Nan