[Click] madwifi.stripped works:CUD not PING WLAN0 from other machine

gaurav dawra openapproject at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 00:38:59 EDT 2004

Hi John--

Thanx for the help it is working , i mean to say that the different
interfaces including WLAN0 and srcr are up and i can ping to them FROM the
same machine(Just to see). But i cannot able to PING the wireless Interface
from some OTHER machine.

Machine with madwifiand roofnet configuration :

wlan0:
[root at localhost root]# ifconfig wlan0
wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:09:5B:23:FD:2D
          inet addr:6.35.253.45  Bcast:6.255.255.255  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1650  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:182 (182.0 b)  TX bytes:1581432 (1.5 Mb)
          Interrupt:3 Base address:0x100
[root at localhost root]# ifconfig srcr
srcr      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:01:02:03:04:05
          inet addr:5.35.253.45  Bcast:5.255.255.255  Mask:255.0.0.0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

Other NODE has interface :

wlan0 and eth0:

wlan0:
inetaddr: 6.35.253.1( i did it statically by modifying ifcfg-wlan0 file),
and netmask: 255.0.0.0

Same as the above machine. Everything seems to be fine with route tables on
both machine.

I reached the same stage earlier also by doing whole roofnet configuration
NOT by your suggested steps. BUt i am kind of struck here. HOW DO I TEST
THAT MY WLAN0 and SRCR interface is working, please let me know.

Thanx for help anyways,

Gaurav