[Click] Re: about ToDevice

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jun 23 00:11:10 EDT 2004

Hi Yihong,

Well, generally speaking, the ToDevice will fall off the "task scheduling list"w
when the queue is empty, and go onto the "task scheduling list" when the queue
becomes nonempty.  This is assuming that the ToDevice is fed by exactly one
Queue.  The "task scheduling list" consists of tasks that are run at a very high
frequency, polling-style.

And no, you don't need to patch the kernel to run click user-level.

Eddie