[Click] Queue Capacity and RatedUnqueue

Giovanni Giardinelli giovanni.giardinelli at tin.it
Sat Jun 19 00:06:15 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I'm doing some tests for a simple router architecture which have to perform differentiated service between two kind of flows.
When I use a Queue element and a RatedUnqueue element in this way:
SimpleQueue(32000) -> RatedUnqueue(X), where X is a certain rate value, even if the tester emission rate is <=X, the queue
always overflow, causing a lot of packets to be dropped. I use 64 bytes packets.
I have two question:
1) Why the click in my machine not allow me to fix a CAPACITY parameter value for the queue greater than 32000 packets?
2) Why the RatedUnqueue element seems to not work correctly?