[Click] IPv6 and element FromDevice : Routing Problem

Antonino Raucea antonino.raucea at fipavcatania.it
Fri Jun 18 19:38:57 EDT 2004

Hi I'm a student from Catania University (Italy)
My english is very bad

I've realized that when I'm waiting for an IPv6 packet the FromDevice
Element receives it just if exists an equal address at least in one
interface, example

R and H1,H2 is a Router and 2 Hosts

Simple network
    eth0: 3ffe:1001:7d0:5::1/64
    eth1: 3ffe:1001:7d0:6::1/64
    eth2: 3ffe:1001:7d0:7::5/64
H1
    eth0: 3ffe:1001:7d0:5::4/64
H2
    eth0: 3ffe:1001:7d0:6::4/64

H1 ---- R ---- H2

for routing a packet from H1 to H2 through R I make on the H1
ip -6 route add 3ffe:1001:7d0:6::/64 dev eth0

script click 1.4pre1 on the R1
FromDevice(eth0) -> Print("FromEth0",0)->Discard;

very simple script, but:
packet from H1 to interface: 3ffe:1001:7d0:6::4 => R not read packet
packet from H1 to interface: 3ffe:1001:7d0:6::5 => R read packet

if add the interface on the R
ip -6 addr add 3ffe:1001:7d0:100::4/64 dev ethx
now the packet is delivered to the element FromDevice

I think it's a problem of linux module IPv6
(the IPv4-routing it's perfect)
I would like confirmations from others people on this problem and
if your have a solution (my solution it's very simple, I add in the my
network
interfaces not important in the Routers Device Network)

Tnks for all answer
Antonino Raucea