[Click] gen_config_ap.pl problem

Nels Anderson Nels.Anderson at colorado.edu
Wed Jul 21 20:28:05 EDT 2004

Aloha,

Hello again.  Having succeeded with getting madwifi.stripped to run my
wireless as a station, I'm now trying to get it to work as a access point.
However, when I use the gen_config_ap.pl script, the router fails to
initialize.  The script is using rather normal arguments (ath0, test, 4).  A
cat on /click/errors comes up with this:

line 74: While configuring 'bs :: BeaconScanner':
  AvailableRates element is not provided or not a AvailableRates
Router could not be initialized!

Line 74 from the config file is this one:

management_cl [4] -> bs :: BeaconScanner() ->  Discard;

Taking a look at the source for the BeaconScanner element, it looks like it got
changed but the script didn't.  I think it's now looking for some arguments
that aren't provided in the script.  I'm not totally sure, but that's my
suspicion.  If this is the problem, how can it be corrected?  If not, what else
could be the culprit?  As always, any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

-Nels