[Click] Inflated packets

luca.capisani at virgilio.it luca.capisani at virgilio.it
Tue Jul 20 18:55:35 EDT 2004

Hi all,
          it seems to be a ethernet problem. If you send  50 bytes at level
two (header ehternet + payload of 36 bytes), the minimum lenght that can
be transmitted in a ethernet link is 64 bytes overhead inclusive.
If total length is 50 bytes, ethernet protocol adds a padding bytes (zeros)
at the end of packet. With Ethereal, (also Print()) you can see the packet
structure (in particular, last 10 bytes).
You should explain more of the structure of the packet sent, in order to
understand better.

Networking Lab, University of Pavia (Italy)
Luca M. Capisani.

CheckIPHeader