[Click] how to use c functions in linux kernel mode

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Jul 12 10:35:57 EDT 2004

Hi Peng,

Unfortunately many C library functions are not available in the kernel.  YOu
don't have access to files, and *floating point arithmetic is not allowed*.  Our
kernel elements use fixed-point arithmetic (for example, our RED uses
fixed-point arithmetic), and export information via handlers or LLRPCs rather
than files.

Eddie