[Click] click + gre tunnel (fwd)

Erik VandeKieft evandeki at cs.ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 8 16:00:45 EDT 2004

Hi, I'm running click in userland and trying to send and receive packets
to a gre tunnel interface. The name of my tunnel interface is "farm". I
created a simple FromDevice(farm) element, and that seems to recieve
packets just fine. But the ToDevice(farm) element doesn't seem to work
correctly... I can see the gre packets going out on eth0, but they get
dropped somewhere at the other end of the tunnel-- could it be that they
are formatted improperly?

In short, is my usage expected to work? Do I have to do anything special
to send IP packets to a gre tunnel?

Thanks very much,
--Erik Vandekieft