[Click] Minimal ARM Click configuration

Harvey Jones harveyj at media.mit.edu
Tue Jul 6 15:59:20 EDT 2004

sHello,
I am trying to build a minimal configuration of Click with Grid to
experiment with multi-hop ad hoc networking on a bunch of Zauruses
with wifi cards and OpenZaurus. I've run into several problems with
the build, which I've been attempting on a Fedora Core 2 system. I've
been roughly following the instructions from
http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/ml/click/msg01614.html

When I run click-mkmindriver, it errors on not being able to find
userlevel|ns provided in the elementmap. Userlevel was provided,
however. I assumed the pipe was an "or", and added 'userlevel|ns' to
the element map, that seemed to get things going. The next problem
was that the .cc files generated by mkmindriver had bad filenames;
all includes in elements_FOO.cc that were of the
form "click/standard/bar.hh" had a close bracket in the string, so
the compiler couldn't find "click/standard/bar.hh>". Removing the
trailing bracket seemed to fix that. Finally, gridgatewayinfo.o
doesn't appear to be linked in when creating the binary, which is
causing a: ../elements/grid/dsdvroutetable.cc:1540: undefined
reference to `GridGatewayInfo::is_gateway()'. Adding
gridgatewayinfo.o to the OBJS_FOO in Makefile.FOO fixed this,
although I'm sure this is the wrong way to go about it. After I do
this, I can get a binary, but when I run it on the Zaurus, I get
about 30 unknown element class errors. Do you know where the problem
is?

Thanks for your time, and thanks also for taking the time to document
all of your command line options, which was invaluable.

Harvey