[Click] ClickFS + kernel 2.6

Francis Bogsanyi fbogsany at metabunny.com
Sat Jan 31 10:17:15 EST 2004

On 30-Jan-04, at 5:59 PM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I am working on porting Click patches to 2.6 kernel. It looks like
> the file system structure has changed from 2.4 to 2.6.

Take a look at the file Documentation/filesystems/porting in the 2.6
kernel source tree.

> In the struct inode_operations {
>
>  - does not have a field called revalidate in 2.6. Is there a way
> around using
> this function call in Click ?

 From Documentation/filesystems/porting:

"->revalidate() is gone.  If your filesystem had it - provide
->getattr()
and let it call whatever you had as ->revlidate() + (for symlinks that
had ->revalidate()) add calls in ->follow_link()/->readlink()."

> - the field lookup has different parameters.
>
> struct dentry * (*lookup)(struct inode *, struct dentry *, sturct
> nameidata *);
>
> instead of
>
> struct dentry * (*lookup) (struct inode *, struct dentry *);

The struct nameidata holds the struct dentry and struct vfsmount.  I
think you can safely ignore the new parameter (neither proc_lookup not
devfs_lookup use the nameidata parameter).

Cheers,
Francis.