[Click] click/grid on embedded systems

Douglas S. J. De Couto decouto at csail.mit.edu
Tue Jan 27 13:36:10 EST 2004

the click binary is so big because it has so much functionality (so
many `elements')!

you can make it smaller by telling the build process to build a click
binary that only contains code for the elements you need, using the
`click-mkmindriver' tool.

i've used this successfully to make a userlevel click fit onto flash
for an ipaq, which has similar space constraints to the linksys.  you
can see an example of its use in this script:
http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/decouto/ipaq/build-ipaq-click.sh

i believe a linux module click would be smaller, as it has less library
code included.  click-mkmindriver should support linux modules.

what was required to get click working on the linksys box?  if you have
any patches, please send them!

Douglas S. J. De Couto    <decouto at csail.mit.edu>