[Click]

Puneet Zaroo zaroo at cs.purdue.edu
Mon Jan 12 16:03:20 EST 2004

Hi,
Though the click documentation says the method add_input() and
add_output() should only be called during router initialization, they
actually work correctly during runtime as well (at least till the click
version 1.0.3 ..which i used). But the main problem is to be able to use
those extra ports (as Brecht pointed out) by connecting them to other
element ports. At router initialization you cannot create an element with
extra (un-connected) ports which you try and use later ;as the router
initialization will fail. It will take making some changes to the click
initialization /router configuration code.
Regards,
-Puneet