[Click] Timestamp changes

Jonathan Day imipak at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 19:57:28 EST 2004

Oh, I doubt it's nearly as annoying as the question
I'm about to ask. :) There's an "experimental" patch
for Linux, PPSkit, which can be found on any of the
standard kernel FTP/web sites:

http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/ntp/PPS/

This provides nanosecond timer support for the Linux
kernel, by extending what's already there. It does
have its problems, but I imagine it's using a fairly
standard approach to nanosecond timing.

Will Click be able to take advantage of a
nanosecond-aware/enhanced kernel (either now or in
future)?