[Click] Segmentation fault in timer

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Fri Dec 17 05:43:06 EST 2004

Hello,

I am extending my AODV simulations with random movement but that gives me a
(reproducable) segmentation fault, in this unschedule:
void
Timer::unschedule()
{
  if (scheduled()) {
    _head->acquire_lock();
    _prev->_next = _next; // SEGFAULT
    _next->_prev = _prev;
    _prev = _next = 0;
    _head->release_lock();
  }
}

When using ddd it says that it can't access the memory at the address
_prev->_next. I guess that has something to do with me deleting timers when
they are not necessary any more, altough every timer I delete is unscheduled
first (which is the same thing the destructor does).
I am certainly going to debug this problem myself but if anyone has
encountered this problem before a solution would be very nice...

Bart
--
dwars, studentenblad van de UA
www.dwars.ua.ac.be