[Click] No cleanup?

Michael Neufeld Michael.Neufeld at colorado.edu
Thu Dec 9 08:46:30 EST 2004

It's been a while, but as I recall that's likely the result of some
laziness on my part a couple of years ago. Since the simulated world and
its associated process is destroyed when ns-2 finishes, the operating
system reclaims its memory, and I seem to remember not bothering to
explicitly destroy the Click instance on the way out. It's probably on
an old "nsclick todo" list somewhere... If it's causing problems, i.e.
you're allocating something which doesn't get cleaned up by the OS on
exit or it's masking a memory leak you're trying to track down, you
should be able to explicitly destroy the router on exit and do more
thorough cleanup.

-Mike