[Click] Madwifi+Click Problems

John Bicket jbicket at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Aug 31 02:11:37 EDT 2004

Hi Nels,

This is because the madwifi.stripped driver report ath0 with a device
type of ARPHRD_IEEE80211, and ifconfig doesn't know how to print mac
addresses for that.  (I sent a patch to the net-tools guy, but I think
he just ignored me).

Everything else should work normally, and the address is just the first
6 bytes of the hwaddr in ifconfig.  (ie 00-0D-88-8A-78-E3).
I'm not sure the stripped driver supports changing mac addresses.

Let me know if this answers your question. I'm also at sigcomm now, so
look me up if you're here.

--john