[Click] Click polling extensions

Giorgio Calarco gcalarco at deis.unibo.it
Wed Aug 4 10:46:34 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lan Xue" <lanxue at soe.ucsc.edu>
To: <click at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 7:38 PM
Subject: [Click] Click polling extensions

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering anyone can talk about the Click polling extensions. What
> is it about and what device driver(s) need to be tuned to take advantage
> of it. And anyone has experience of approximately how much more packets
> Click can forward after enabling the polling extensions?

hi,

it dependes a lot on the kind of hardware you have.
Some other examples (in addition to the papers):

- Intel PRO 1000 nic + PCI 1.0 bus  + 1.6 Ghz Pentium III -> 350Kpps
- Intel PRO 1000 nic + PCIX  bus + double 2.8 Ghz Xeon -> 1250Kpps

ciao
giorgio

Ing. Giorgio Calarco
DEIS - Università di Bologna
Viale Risorgimento, 2 40136 Bologna - Italy
Tel: 051 2093776 Fax: 051 2093073
E-mail: gcalarco at deis.unibo.it
PGP: http://www3.deis.unibo.it/GCalarco/Giorgio_Calarco.asc