[Click] list of fixes for arm cross-compile configure

Remo Strotkamp remo at nec-labs.com
Wed Apr 28 14:47:05 EDT 2004

Hey eddie,

thanks a lot for the help. I got the configure script to run through
smoothly now. Only two changes were needed. I haven't compiled it all
yet, so maybe there will be more to come soon....:-)

#1: in include/asm/proc/pgalloc.h, as pointed out by you: change
   	pte = kmem_cache_alloc(pte_cache, GFP_KERNEL);
	pte = (pte_t *) kmem_cache_alloc(pte_cache, GFP_KERNEL);

#2 in include/asm/system.h on the other hand it wasn't the :: one as the
   patch had changed that one successfully:

the offending line was
       extern  asmlinkage void __backtrace(void);
asmlinkage resolves via include/linux/linkage.h to `extern "C"` for arm
     --> extern extern "C" void __backtrace(void);

that double extern seemed to have been the problem as once I changed the
system.h line to
    asmlinkage void __backtrace(void);

./configure passed without complaints...

thanks so much for the help

remo

PS Concerning the #2 item from my previous post:
I click and wifi-click patched a vanilla 2.4.20 kernel and looked into
the linux-2.4.20-wifi-patch file and it looks like the
#include <linux/init.h>
is missing for drivers/net/wifi/click-wifi.c, so it seems to be a
problem of the wifi-patch and not of my cleaning up the rejects. For my
setup the compile couldn't resolve the __init and __exit statements in
the drivers/net/wifi/click-wifi.c file....