[Click] Question about ipv6 implementation status

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Apr 26 11:25:14 EDT 2004

Pedro Menchen Lopez wrote:
> Hello!
> I am Pedro Menchen, a student of Coruña University (Spain). I am
> thinking about doing my graduate proyect using Click. So, I am
> interested about the current status of the IPv6 implementation. Any help
> will be very wellcome.
> Thanks!

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your interest!  Click has a partial IPv6 implementation, but
it is not as full-featured or well-tested as the IPv4 implementation.
The relevant elements are enabled by giving './configure' the
'--enable-ip6' option; they're located in 'elements/ip6'.  We'd welcome
any patches to these elements or additional elements.