[Click] SMP

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at UGent.be
Thu Apr 8 14:38:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

> What is exactly SMP click? Is it a particular version of the sotware click, that
> i can download (but separate from normal click), or is it simply the way the
> normal click runs when i compile it with the option --enable-multithread=2 and
> then install it with "click-install --threads 2 -f /filename.click" ?

it is included with standard click and activated as you say.
(then you have to use SortedTaskSched, not sure why this is listed
between 'IP' in the documentation, or StaticThreadSched to make Click
schedule elements on multiple threads, ThreadMonitor helps to monitor this).

> I ask this because in that document they speak about an element (PullToPush)
> whose description i cannot find in this page's documentation (that should be the
> complete documentation for "standard click" elements):

I think it is changed to unqueue and unqueue2.

However, guess what: I use a CVS version from March 29th 2002, so maybe
some things have changed...

regards,
Brecht