[Click] Click performance

Robert Morris rtm at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Apr 4 22:49:52 EDT 2004

Sheetal,

How fast can you send packets over the Orinoco cards without Click,
using the ordinary IP stack?

What packet size are you using?

If your wireless link runs at 1 megabit/second, you would only be able
to send 89 1400-byte packets per second.

It is also true that some 802.11 cards have very inefficient bus
interfaces (i.e. no DMA), though the limits we've seen are a few
hundred packets per second, not < 100.

Robert