[Click] ..use cpu 100%

Spagoni Carlo spagoni at inwind.it
Fri Oct 31 10:28:32 EST 2003

>From      : "Brecht Vermeulen" brecht.vermeulen at UGent.be

> > my cpu usage is 100% always...it's normal??
>
> do you use PollDevice in your configuration ? Then it is normal as the
> ethernet cards are polled continuously. If you use only FromDevice
> elements then it should not happen.

i don't know if i use PollDevice....how can i see???

> > if set mtu to default 1500 i can ping between my wirelss pc but if i try to
> > transfer file with scp or ftp or http the router stalled
>
> which configuration do you use exactly and which ethernet cards?
> how do you change the mtu ?

i use :
redhat 9 with kernel 2.4.20 recompiled with support tun/tap
click 1.2.4 with dsr support (pecolab dsr)
wireless pcmcia card Dlink 650 as eth1
tap0 device to use dsr routing protocol

ifconfig eth1 up
ifconfig tap0  192.138.198.93 netmask 255.255.255.0 mtu 1452
iwconfig eth1 essid test mode ad-hoc rate 11M

> Have you tried to use no polling ?

how??

> regards,
> Brecht