[Click] Click-troubles!

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Sat Nov 15 09:12:02 EST 2003

Hey Badhri,

> 1. click-install test1.click
> 2. as expected, none of ping/ssh/traceroute/tcpdump would work.
> 3. click-uninstall
> 4. Step 2 doesnt change. None of them work. When i try to ping another
> machine, it gives me the message "Destination host unreachable".
> 5. ifconfig and netstat outputs were normal, though tcpdump showed no output.
> 6. We reboot the system and there is no change in status.

Did you check the system log? dmesg or /var/log/messages? Any output there?

Did you try turning the computer off and turning it on again (rather than
just rebooting)? Again, Click does not modify your system configuration;
any changes it makes should be transient.

Not enough hardware information either. What network devices are you using?