can not install samplepackage.

Jiangbo Li jblicn at yahoo.com.cn
Sun May 25 18:30:15 EDT 2003

hi,

I want to build my own elements package.
So I first try to install the samplepackage provide by click.
When I try to install the samplepackage, it have a compile
error:
  g++: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

I have no idea to figure out this.

I am working on redhat9.0. Click was installed to /usr/local/click
successfully. The Click source code is obtained from the CVS.

Thanks a lot.

Jiangbo Li

The following lines is what I did to install the samplepackage.
[root at jiangbo samplepackage]# ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/click
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -W -Wall -MD -E
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether <new> works... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -W -Wall -fno-exceptions
-fno-rtti  -MD -E
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for ld... /usr/bin/ld
checking for ranlib... /usr/bin/ranlib
checking for strip... /usr/bin/strip
checking whether install accepts -C... yes
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for GNU make... make
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
[root at jiangbo samplepackage]# make install
echo . | /usr/local/click/bin/click-buildtool findelem -r userlevel -r
sample > uelements.conf
echo . | /usr/local/click/bin/click-buildtool findelem -r linuxmodule -r
sample > kelements.conf
[ ! -f uelements.conf ] || /usr/local/click/bin/click-buildtool
elem2make -t userlevel < uelements.conf
>> elements.mk
[ ! -f kelements.conf ] || /usr/local/click/bin/click-buildtool
elem2make -t linuxmodule < kelements.conf >> elements.mk
[ ! -f belements.conf ] || /usr/local/click/bin/click-buildtool
elem2make -t bsdmodule < belements.conf
>> elements.mk
g++ -W -Wall -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti  -MD -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I. -I.
-I/usr/local/click/include -I/usr/local/click/share/click/src -g
-DCLICK_USERLEVEL -DCLICK_PACKAGE -O2 @DEPCFLAGS@ -c sampleelt.cc -o
sampleelt.uo
g++: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
make: *** [sampleelt.uo] Error 1
--
Jiangbo Li <jblicn at yahoo.com.cn>