The Polling ... (re-transmit)

Iven ivon at pads1.cs.nthu.edu.tw
Mon May 12 12:16:54 EDT 2003

Sorry for the wrong format of the previous mail.
Here is the messages

--------
Hello,

    I have installed Click on my system with the linuxmodule.
    The Click is download from CVS and my system is an old version,
linux-2.2.18.
    I've tried some settings like " FromDevice(eth0) -> ToHost() " ... it
works.
    However, when i used " PollDevice(eth0) -> ToHost() "  .. it still
works.
    But the the number of the receiving packet which receives by my
application comes
    from 40,000 to 1,600 ... is there anything wrong? The packet sizes are
64 kbytes.

    Besides , the setting " FromDevice(eth0) -> ToDevice(eth1) " is work
properly at
    user-mode click, but cann't work in linuxmodule mode...
    The error messages :
        `PollDevice at 1 :: PollDevice' push output 0 connected to
`ToDevice at 2:: ToDevice' pull input 0
        Router could not be initialized!
        click: stopping router thread pid 4349

    there also some messages from eepro100 like ....
        eth0: speedo_tx_buffer_gc while polling
        eth0: speedo_refill_rx_buffers called while polling
        eth0: Transmit timed out: status f050  0d00 at 1164/1224 command
0001a000.
        eth0: Tx ring dump,  Tx queue 1224 / 1164:
        eth0: Printing Rx ring (next to receive into 46424929, dirty index
46424929).

    does these result in abnormal situations?

    Thank u very much. ;)

Iven