BURST parameter

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Thu May 8 16:57:24 EDT 2003

Hi Alessandro,

> 1) Can you give me some information about BURST parameter of elements
> PollDevice and TODevice? I reading that default is 8 for PollDevice and
> 16 for ToDevice... in your experiment what was the best configuration for
> this parameters? (I use ethernet intel pro1000)

Our experiments generally use those defaults. I wouldn't say we determined
the ABSOLUTE BESTS, which would probably change from configuration to
configuration anyway; but I don't remember that particular settings made
much difference (once you were above 2 or so).

> 2) In the ethernet Intel PRO1000 there is a features that check CRC of
> packets directly on the card....in your system click use this features of
> card or make this with CPU?

I believe that we use this feature. Confirmation, anyone?