problem

tcarly tcarly at mailserv.esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Mar 19 21:14:47 EST 2003

Hello,

I have made some kind of emulator in Click that can delay incoming packets. It
works fine, except for one thing. I must say that I work in userlevel because
files have to be loaded and I needed several standard C functions that didn't
work in kernel mode. When I monitor how much the packets are delayed, for most
of the packets this delay is almost perfect (a few micro seconds). But
periodically, for example every second there are one or two packets which get 1
till 2 milli seconds too much delay. I suppose that it is because the processor
gets other interrupts from other processes. I have already set Click as highest
priority and all other processes as lowest priority but I see no difference. Is
there some way to decrease this influence or do I have to be satisfied with
these results?

Thanks a lot in advance

Tom