Porting an element from user level to kernel level?

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at linuxmail.org
Thu Mar 13 17:12:33 EST 2003

Hi again,

I'm porting my elements to kernel level, but I'm having a lot of compile problems with functions that I cannot use in kernel level.
Most of the problems are with functions of stdlib.h, like malloc, calloc and free. Also something about conflicting types:
"conflicting types for 'typedef __dev_t dev_t' and '__kernel_dev_t dev_t'", and network functions like inet_ntoa(), inet_ntop(),
inet_pton(), etc.

Changing mallocs and callocs for 'new', and 'free' for 'delete' seems to work, but I don't know what to do with the others.

What are the equivalents for these kind of functions on kernel level? and if I change them, I suppose now the elements at user level
won't compile, how can I manage this?

Thanks,

Juan Luis Baptiste M.
http://www.linuxmail.org/