click on ARM

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Mon Mar 10 22:05:36 EST 2003

Dan,

The Compaq (now HP) iPaq is a popular handheld PC running on an ARM
processor.

> In fact, I want to install click on ARM. I have a CMC Rapid-Prototyping
> Platform including codeWarrior ARM developer suite,Arm Firmware
> Suite,Multi-ICE,Intergrator/CM7TDMI. The whole design kit is supported
> by Windwos NT, or Windows 2000. I have downloaded click-1.2.4.tar.gz. I
> tried to use CodeWarrior ARM which can cross- compile C language file
> into ARM instruction in windows NT. But the way in which I use seems not
> to be correct. I don't know how to install the click userlevel on the
> CMC Platform. I want to make sure that some example (userlevel)in click
> can work on my CMC design kit. I need your instructions.

Click runs on Unix-like platforms, not Windows. People have gotten it to
compile on Cygwin, a Unix-like development environment for Windows. See
www.cygwin.com for information.

Click is written in C++, not C.

Click's sources may require GNU C, even for a userlevel compile. They
certainly require GNU Make.

Basically I think you need to think seriously about whether Click is a good
match for your development environment... :(

Eddie

P.S. Later sources are better. 1.3pre1 is better than 1.2.4.