click on ARM

Dan Li lidan at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Tue Mar 4 13:04:18 EST 2003

Eddie Kohler wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> > I am studying the Click router. Could you tell me whether
> > Click(userlevel) can running the ARM processor by cross compiler? Your
> > documents introduce it could running on the ARM. If possible, how could
> > I do or find the information of that content?
>
> Click does run on ARM, and in particular on the iPAQ. Douglas San Jose
> Decouto XII got this to work; if you have more specific questions mail the
> list and someone will get back to you in time.
>
> This mail message may be of interest:
>
> http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/ml/click/msg01614.html
>
> Eddie

Hello Eddie,

I am doing the installation by the guide on above website. but I don't
know what is iPAQ. Could you explain it to me?

In fact, I want to install click on ARM. I have a CMC Rapid-Prototyping
Platform including codeWarrior ARM developer suite,Arm Firmware
Suite,Multi-ICE,Intergrator/CM7TDMI. The whole design kit is supported
by Windwos NT, or Windows 2000. I have downloaded click-1.2.4.tar.gz. I
tried to use CodeWarrior ARM which can cross- compile C language file
into ARM instruction in windows NT. But the way in which I use seems not
to be correct. I don't know how to install the click userlevel on the
CMC Platform. I want to make sure that some example (userlevel)in click
can work on my CMC design kit. I need your instructions.

by the way,if I want to install click on ARM, which version is better
between Click-1.2.3 and Click-1.2.4 release?

Best Regards,

DanLi