FreeBSD kernel module

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Thu Jun 26 23:24:16 EDT 2003

> Anyone using click on FreeBSD?
> I'm trying to get the kernel module to
> build on 4.8-R.  I'm also trying to modify
> click to build on 5.x.
>
> I'm working on the new FreeBSD port here.
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/futurebsd/freebsd/ports/net/click-devel/

Hi David,

This seems like a great project, please let us know if you need any help.
We worked on the FreeBSD port for a while, got it into a state in which it
didn't compile any more, and it's been there for a while :(

If you do work on it, I'd suggest starting on the filesystem interface. The
old FreeBSD module had a pretty rudimentary interface. We worked on the
Linux interface for a while, created a separate filesystem the way you
would on FreeBSD, and factored out some of the potential common code into
include/click/ino.hh / lib/ino.cc.