packet loss

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at UGent.be
Fri Jun 27 02:26:45 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm not sure that tulip cards are much better. I think you would profit
more of a faster PCI bus (e.g. 64 bit - 66 MHz or faster).
I don't know if the CPU is the limit or what would be a possible upper
limit.

I can forward (in a router config) around 600kpps of 64 bytes and around
1.4 Gbps with 1400 byte packets, but I don't use click for packet
generation. We have a Spirentcom Smartbits for that.

What do you want to reach in fact ?
How much do you get with bigger packets ?

regards,
Brecht