packet loss

Shilpi Agarwal shilpi at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 25 14:38:22 EDT 2003

Hi Brecht!!

Here is some statistics with differnet packet sizes

PacketSize SendingRate Packetloss

64          100k          .386%
256         100k           .405%
512         100k           .405%
1024        100k            .5603%

And here is the statistics of PRO_LAN

 PCI_Bus                          1
PCI_Slot                         1
PCI_Bus_Type                     PCI
PCI_Bus_Speed                    33MHz
PCI_Bus_Width                    32-bit
IRQ                              11
System_Device_Name               eth1
Current_HWaddr                   00:02:B3:B6:C4:DE
Permanent_HWaddr                 00:02:B3:B6:C4:DE

Link                             up
Speed                            1000
Duplex                           Full
State                            up

Rx_Packets                       981474
Tx_Packets                       16934242
Rx_Bytes                         66740164
Tx_Bytes                         323391908
Rx_Errors                        22654
Tx_Errors                        0
Rx_Dropped                       8025
Tx_Dropped                       0
Multicast                        0
Collisions                       0
Rx_Length_Errors                 0
Rx_Over_Errors                   0
Rx_CRC_Errors                    0
Rx_Frame_Errors                  0
Rx_FIFO_Errors                   14629
Rx_Missed_Errors                 14629
Tx_Aborted_Errors                0
Tx_Carrier_Errors                0
Tx_FIFO_Errors                   0
Tx_Heartbeat_Errors              0
Tx_Window_Errors                 0
Tx_Abort_Late_Coll               0
Tx_Deferred_Ok                   0
Tx_Single_Coll_Ok                0
Tx_Multi_Coll_Ok                 0
Rx_Long_Length_Errors            0
Rx_Short_Length_Errors           0
Rx_Align_Errors                  0
Rx_Flow_Control_XON              0
Rx_Flow_Control_XOFF             0
Tx_Flow_Control_XON              0
Tx_Flow_Control_XOFF             0
Rx_CSum_Offload_Good             981474
Rx_CSum_Offload_Errors           0

PHY_Media_Type                   Copper
PHY_Cable_Length                 0-50 Meters (+/- 20 Meters)
PHY_Extended_10Base_T_Distance   Disabled
PHY_Cable_Polarity               Normal
PHY_Disable_Polarity_Correction  Disabled
PHY_Idle_Errors                  0
PHY_Receive_Errors               0
PHY_MDI_X_Enabled                MDI-X
PHY_Local_Receiver_Status        OK
PHY_Remote_Receiver_Status       OK

It never gives me error in Tx ..errors are always zero. I have 33MHz - 32bit P
PCI bus.

I am using the driver that came with click distribution and i guess its already
modified ?? is that right ?

Configuration at both teh pc's s :

Sending host:

FastUDPSource(100000, 1000000, 1024,