SMP Click

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at UGent.be
Wed Jun 25 17:14:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

you can find information at
http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/papers/click:usenix01/
and you can find SMP click in the distribution (preferably CVS version I
guess).

To enable: configure with --enable-multithread
and insmod click threads=2  (or more)

or use click-install with
       -t, --threads=N
            The  Click  kernel  module  will  run  N  threads per
            router. Click must have been build with --enable-mul­
            tithread. This option only matters when click-install
            installs a Click kernel module. The thread  count  on
            an  installed  kernel  module cannot be changed. (The
            --uninstall option is useful here.)

As far as I know SMP only works with the kernel level click.

regards,
Brecht