[Click] couldn't load "click.o"

Ivan Nanevski iwojima at gmx.net
Thu Jul 31 02:07:12 EDT 2003

Eddie Kohler wrote:
> Did you provide click's ./configure with a --with-linux
> option, telling it where to find the patched Linux
> sources?

Yes, I did it "hundred" of times with the sources in both
"/usr/src/linux" or "/usr/src/linux-2.4.xx" with a soft link
"linux" pointing to the "linux-2.4.xx" directory..... (the
xx's were 18, 19 or 20)...

However, I believe it was something wrong either with
"RedHat 8.0" or with "My installation of RedHat 8.0",
because I managed to install it with no difficulties on
another computer with Debian Woody.

> The userlevel/click.o file is not a kernel module so
> don't try to load it.

I solved the problem by copying the /linuxmodule directory
plus "click-install" and "click-uninstall" from the Debian
computer to the "problematic" RedHat computer which already
had the patched kernel installed (with the same
VERSION-EXTRAVERSION as the one at Debian computer -
2.4.18-something)...

It seems everything works now on both computers... I have
just started playing with them....

Greetings,
IVAN