[Click] Canonical IP Stack Config?

Jon Loeliger jdl at vivato.net
Mon Jul 14 12:23:19 EDT 2003

Hi Guys,

Is there a canonical configuration file somewhere
that implements the traditional (BSD/Linux) IP stack?
Specifically, I'm looking for a config that would
form the basis of a pretty thorough replacement of
the Linux IP stack, yet maintain much or all of its
current functionality (forwarding, ARP/RARP, bridging,
IGMP, VLAN tagging, broadcast, multicast, etc).

I have seen the couple examples in Eddie's thesis and
papers for both an ether switch and IP Router.  At this
point in time, I am not looking for a full IP Router
(ie, BGP, OSPF and friends).

Anyone have such a config, know where I might find one,
or be willing to share a starting point with me?

Thanks,
jdl