[Click] Re: The Polling ... (re-transmit)

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Fri Jul 11 19:31:34 EDT 2003

Hi Iven, sorry for the long delay in responding.

>     The Click is download from CVS and my system is an old version,
> linux-2.2.18.
>     I've tried some settings like " FromDevice(eth0) -> ToHost() " ... it
> works.
>     However, when i used " PollDevice(eth0) -> ToHost() "  .. it still
> works.
>     But the the number of the receiving packet which receives by my
> application comes
>     from 40,000 to 1,600 ... is there anything wrong? The packet sizes are
> 64 kbytes.

Do you have a 'ToDevice(eth0)' element in your configuration? PollDevice
behaves quite badly if it isn't accompanied by a ToDevice. The CVS version
of Click will actually warn about this. Add "Idle -> ToDevice(eth0);" to
your configuration if you don't have one already.