[Click] Polling on Intel PRO1000 MT Server Adapter

Puneet Zaroo zaroo at cs.purdue.edu
Thu Jul 10 21:57:31 EDT 2003

Hi Giovanni,
I might be wrong about this, so if anyone else knows better please correct
me...
Basically, if you can find a device driver which supports the polling
extensions of click then you can use the card in the polling mode..
A polling mode driver works by disabling all interrupts and has functions
for initiating DMA transfers to/from system memory to the card..one has to
keep calling these functions regularly to avoid missed frames.
As for the card you mentioned, i dont know if polling enabled drivers are
avialable for that.... polling drivers are generally hard to come by...
i had to hack up my own driver for a 3com card :)
-Puneet