[Click] Packet::clone() potential problem

Barry Gowan barry_gowan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 18:51:07 EDT 2003

May I suggest the addition of Packet::copy() similar
to Packet::clone() except that it uses skb_copy()
instead of skb_clone().

I was using Packet::clone() and it was causing me
problems since I was unaware that skb_clone() creates
an skb that shares the same skb->data as the original.
Thus, modifing the clone's skb->data before sending it
to ToDevice was also modifying the original skb->data.
The addition of Packet::copy() may make other people
aware of this potential problem.

cheers,
BG