[Click] How to pass packets at the Click Router itself

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Tue Jul 1 11:24:36 EDT 2003

> Now I want to install in the PC Router a GateKeeperH323,
> and to make this I have to pass certain packets to this application. I don't
> understand like to modify my configuration in order to make this... anyone can
> help me?
> I thought to use elements ToHost and FromHost but I don't know how...
> Any suggestions??
> Thanks!

Hi Alessandro,

You'll need to change your LinearIPLookup to have three outputs, one for
eth1, one for eth2, and one for the router itself. Change the routing table
to emit packets destined for the router onto the new output. Then send
packets from that output to a ToHost element. But ToHost takes Ethernet
packets, so cook up a fake Ethernet header, like so:

  rt[0] -> EtherEncap(0x0800, 1:1:1:1:1:1, 2:2:2:2:2:2) -> tol;

Check out the output of make-ip-conf.pl for more hints.